The Emmett technique is:
- A safe and simple muscle release therapy developed by Remedial Therapist Ross Emmett
- Useful to address pain and discomfort and improve movement restrictions
- A method that uses light finger pressure at specific locations to initiate the gentle release of tension in many problem areas such as neck, shoulder and back
- A technique where results are usually immediate
- Non-invasive and involves no drugs, massage oils, manipulations or high velocity thrusts
I practice the Emmett technique as a stand alone therapy or as a blend with another treatment. Recent successes with Emmett have been:
1.Releasing someones TMJ (temporal mandibular joint), which was causing her problems with eating, as well as causing discomfort.
2.Helping an elderly man to regain his “squat ” posture.
3. Giving muscle release to patients with MND and Parkinsons, which has given them temporary release to free up arm movements and reduce tremors.
4. Reducing pain for a lady waiting for a hip replacement.
5. Giving full motion back to a knee joint which was causing pain and had bcome unreliable.
I find Emmett a wonderful technique that often has an immediate response and reduces pain. The treatments can be quite short and non invasive.